Informieren Sie sich über alles Wissenswerte rund um Ihren Klinikaufenthalt bei uns. Wenn Sie etwas nicht finden sollten, scheuen Sie sich nicht uns persönlich zu kontaktieren (Zentrale: 089 / 38 31 - 0 ).
Wir helfen Ihnen gerne!
Under special conditions, we are able to offer overnight stays close (at a distance of 200 m) to the Clinic to our guests, patients and/or before and after the inpatient treatment.
Please click here.to book your stay at Hilton Park Munich with our special conditions.
Patients who are not insured with a statutory or private German insurance company are normally required to make an advance payment in the amount of the expected fixed-sum treatment amount (DRG), even when a guarantee of payment is provided by a foreign insurance company.
The advance payment to be made can be requested daily from our Billing department, specifying the expected treatment, and paid in cash or by debit card.
Companies which cannot be billed directly include:
Allianz Worldwide, International SOS, Cigna International, Care Concept, Allianz Worldwide, International SOS, Cigna International, Care Conzept, the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates, etc.
Most of these are however willing to pay the advance payment for their policyholders providing that suitable advance notice is given.
We publish pictures and information about the children who are born in our Clinic, with the permission of their parents. You are welcome to send this picture to your family, relatives and friends - simply click on the link below the image: "Send as E-card".
Dear expecting parents,
We would like to keep the paperwork you need to fill in for your child’s birth certificate to a minimum. We do however need your help in order to avoid you having to go to the Munich Registry Office in person. A number of documents are needed for this. So that you are well prepared, you can already put these documents in your hospital bag before the birth and bring these with you when you are admitted for delivery. We have provided a comprehensive summary of the necessary requirements below. Please be sure to hand over the documents (copies only) with the name you want (you will receive the document in the delivery room immediately after delivery) to our Administration.
We ask your understanding that no copies of your documents can be made in the Clinic. Should you be unable to obtain the documents in advance, we would like to point out that a personal interview at the Registry Office will be necessary.
The following documents (copies) are required:
- The passports or personal IDs of the mother and father (front and back)
- The birth certificates of the mother and father
- The naming form (you will receive this from your midwife after delivery)
- The birth certificate of the child
If the parents are married, please also bring:
- Documentary evidence of the marriage and the names in the marriage, e.g. marriage certificate, such as an excerpt/printouts from the marriage register or excerpt from the family register used as the marriage entry
If the parents are not married, please also bring:
Any documentary evidence of proof of paternity/custody declaration already granted:
For a statement of acknowledgement, you will need: a legally valid proof of paternity is required for the registration of the father in the birth entry of the child (with the consent of the mother). This will require a personal interview with the parents at the registry office, a notary or youth welfare office.
The following documents of the father must be brought along:
- His birth certificate and personal ID, and where the father is and/or was married: normally, a marriage certificate, accompanied by an excerpt from the marriage register or from the family register used as the marriage entry, each with evidence of the actual name entry. A joint custody declaration can only be submitted to a youth welfare office or a notary.
The competent registry office for our Clinic is:
Munich Registry Office - Office of Births
Service address: Ruppertstr. 11, 4. Stock
Metro lines U3 / U6, Poccistraße Station
City of Munich
Regional Administrative Office
Registry Office, Office of Births
Registry Office opening times:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 07:30 to 12:00
Tuesday 08:30 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 18:00
Thursday 08:30 to 15:00
Should you have any questions, the Registry Office can be reached by e-mail, fax or telephone:
The discharge date is agreed between the patient and attending physician/gynaecologist as the patient’s recovery progresses. Patients Administration is also informed, and prepares all of the administrative formalities relating to your discharge. Our Discharge Office is located beside the library on the ground floor.
The following formalities must be completed as part of your discharge:
- Settlement of elective services, where these are not covered by insurance
- Settlement of complete Clinic stay for self-payers
- Return of any insurance cards which have been deposited
- Settlement of any patient entertainment
We aim to ensure that patient rooms are released early in the morning (by 10:00).
In order to ensure the smooth admission of the next patients as well as for organisational reasons, later discharge times are not possible. If you are not due to be picked up until after 10:00, you are of course free to remain in the public areas of the Clinic and leave your luggage in the Administration offices.
Non-medical elective services include accommodation in a single-bed, double-bed or family room with a variety of services and extras.
The use of elective services requires that this service be included in the rate of your private or supplementary insurance or that you are willing to indulge in this level of comfort, and bear the costs thereof on your own.
- Single room, Cat. I - Price: €127.08/day
- Single room, Cat. II - Price: € 115.31/day
- Single room, Cat. III - Price: € 113.26/day
- Double room - Price: € 60.61/day
- Family room - Price: € 200/day for min. 2 days + price of a room with single bed
Accommodation in a family room is a purely self-payment service, and this is not reimbursed by private health insurance.
For self-payers, the costs of the selected accommodation are payable to the Clinic in cash or by debit card.
We request your understanding that we are only able to make use of a non-medical elective service when occupancy permits. We will however always do our utmost to fulfil your wishes.
Your health is very important to us, and we would therefore like to make your stay as comfortable as possible by offering you a varied and versatile meal concept.
An extensive choice of three different menus (standard, vegetarian and light for breastfeeding mothers) as well as our highest standards with regard to food quality will contribute to your well-being and rapid recovery.
Dishes which contain pork are marked on our menu plans.
A "pork-free" menu is available daily.
Our patients can also select from a kosher menu. Dishes are prepared, packaged, sealed and delivered to the Clinic from Restaurant Einstein in accordance with Kaschrut rules. We will be happy to provide you with a special diet for a separate fee.
Should you require a special diet for religious reasons, or be unable to consume specific foods because of allergic reactions or food intolerances, please let us know.
The Clinic will do everything possible to accommodate and support you in this respect.
Please contact us about this in advance wherever possible.
What do you need in order to give birth in hospital?
Our list should help you to prepare properly for giving birth in our Clinic.
You will be able to exchange notes with experienced mothers and midwives during the preparations for childbirth as well as during your introduction to the delivery room.
Important to know:
Every obstetric department is prepared to have the most important things on hand in the event that you need to be rushed into the Clinic. So, don’t panic if you forget your hospital bag. The most important thing is your maternity log and health/insurance card and/or hospital card for private insurance.
When should you come to the Clinic?
- Please make your way to the Clinic as soon as possible, accompanied if possible, should you experience regular and increasing labour pains, or if your water breaks or you are bleeding.
- The delivery room is located on the 1st floor.
Prepare your hospital bag early, a few weeks before you are due to give birth. Most mothers enjoy repacking and adding to the things that they will bring with them.
For the birth:
- Bath robe (loose and comfortable, easy to close)
- Comfortable shirt or T-shirt
- Loose, comfortable trousers or leggings
- Thick, warm socks
- Wash cloth
- Hair tie (hair clip)
- Glasses (for contact lens wearers)
For your time in hospital:
- A well filled toilet bag
- Bath robe
- Nightgowns (buttoned) or comfortable pyjamas
- Loose T-shirts
- Warm socks
- Comfortable underwear, if possible made of cotton, or disposable underwear
- Two nursing bras, nursing pads and possibly a nursing pillow
- Bindings (we will provide these during your stay with us)
- Money or debit card to activate your telephone and for any advance payments payable should you require an elective service
- Rooms in which elective services are provided are also equipped with a colour television and safe. Morning newspapers, alcohol-free drinks and the supply of a bath robe, towels, personal care items, etc, are all included in the service.
Patients can opt to stay in a single or double room. This option is available even where private or supplementary insurance is not available, upon payment of a surcharge.
For your baby:
During your stay with us, you will be provided with the necessary equipment to feed, care for and clothe your infant.
What do you need for your child on the discharge date?
- 1 shirt, 1 jacket, 1 trousers
- 1 romper suit, hat (2 in winter), outdoor wear
- Carry cot with blanket or pillow, maybe lambskin
- Stroller (because of space limitations, please only bring this in on the discharge date)
- Warmth is a major factor in how good we feel. If you get cold easily, you should bring sufficient comfortable and warm things with you (for example, extra blankets, plenty of woollen socks, jackets, flannel shirts).
- Try securing your child’s car seat or carry-cot beforehand; this will save you rushing about when you are about to head home (particularly for outpatient childbirths).
- Where necessary, find out at an early stage of your pregnancy about the benefits of your supplementary insurance (single room, choice of doctors, etc.).
- You should always have telephone numbers (midwife, gynaecologist, delivery room) clearly visible, and take these with you. You will only very rarely need these in an emergency situation, but they will give you a sense of security.
Alternative parking spaces can be found at the Hilton Hotel (approx. 5 minutes away) and at the free public parking on Hirschauer Straße.
Access by public transport:
- By metro:
Get off at Giselastr. > Take the bus to Tivolistraße
- By bus:
Line 54 (Get off at Hirschauerstr.) or Line 154 (Get off at Tivolistraße)
- By tram:
Line 16 > Get off at Tivolistraße
You are welcome to find out more about our Clinic during one of our many information evenings. Our obstetrics team (midwives, medical and paediatric nurses, birth preparation staff, Clinic physicians and anaesthetists) will be happy to assist you should you have further questions or requests. Our information evenings are held in German.
You should book your information evening several months in advance, as these tend to book out very quickly.
To the information evenings
- Breakfast: from 7:30
- Lunch: from 11:30
- Supper: from 17:00
You can purchase stamps and postcards in our cafeteria. You can hand over pre-paid post to our patient administration.
Physicians at our clinic work in accordance with the affiliated doctor system. As such, attending physicians work in their own practices as well as in their capacity as surgeons and obstetricians at Dr. Geisenhofer Women's Clinic.
If you want to deliver your baby in our clinic, please make an appointment with one of our affiliated doctors (LINK ZU DEN BELEGÄRZTEN). They will forward your registration to us immediately and you will see them again at the hospital when it is time to deliver your baby. You can also let them know if you are interested in a a single-bed, double-bed or family room. For self-payers, the costs of the selected accommodation are payable to the clinic in cash or by debit card. Accommodation in a family room is a self-payment service, and not reimbursed by private health insurance.
We request your understanding that access to a room of your choice can not be guaranteed and is only possible when occupancy permits. We will however do our utmost to fulfil your wishes.
For all other appointments and check-ups regarding your pregnancy you can continue to see you current doctor.
Out of consideration for fellow patients and due to the risk of fire, smoking is prohibited throughout the entire Clinic complex.
Our Clinic is fitted with very sensitive smoke detectors. In the event of any non-compliance with this smoking ban, we reserve the rights to pass on the costs for automatically generated fire brigade alarms to the polluter.
Please also refrain from smoking on balconies, as the smoke will enter the patient rooms above.
The Clinic cannot be held liable for items of value such as money, jewellery, clothing, etc. Safes are provided in single and double rooms. You should not therefore leave any valuables or cash in your bedside table drawer. For accommodation in shared rooms, cash and valuables can be deposited in the Clinic’s safe against proof of identity. Stored valuables will only be returned upon presentation of the identity card/passport.